- Post is under moderationStream item published successfully. Item will now be visible on your stream.
- Post is under moderationIt was given the #BMW-E52 #BMW model code. The #BMW-Z8 was the production variant of the 1997 Z07 concept car. The car design was the effort of a design team led by Chris Bangle. The exterior was designed by #Henrik-Fisker and the interior by Scott Lempert. The #BMW-Z07 originally was designed as a styling exercise intended to evoke and celebrate the 1956-1959 #BMW-507 and to celebrate the millennium change. The Z07 caused a sensation at the '97 3Tokyo Auto Show. The overwhelming popularity of the concept spurred BMW's decision to produce a limited production model called the #BMW-Z8-E52 . 5,703 Z8s were built, 3,160 in ECE and 2,543 in US outfit.Stream item published successfully. Item will now be visible on your stream.
- Post is under moderation/ #2000 / #BMW-E52 / #BMW-Z8 / Auctions America, Santa Monica Sale / #BMW-Z8-E52 / #BMW-Z-Series / #BMW-Z-Series-E52 / #BMW /
SOLD FOR: $189,750 Approx £145,000
It seems as if the Z8 is a perennial favourite on the American auction scene, perhaps hardly surprising given that almost half of the entire Z8 production run were bound for those shores. This 2000 example sold by Auctions America looked like a fine specimen and presented well in its original black paint and fetching red and black interior. It was wholly original and had covered just 11,000 miles, and in today’s market its £145k hammer price appeared to be about right.Stream item published successfully. Item will now be visible on your stream.
- Post is under moderation/ #Bonhams Festival of Speed / #2003 / #Alpina-Roadster / #Alpina / #BMW-E52 / #BMW-Z8 / #BMW-Z8-E52 / #BMW / #Alpina-Roadster-V8-E52 / #BMW-Z8-Alpina-Roadster-V8 / #BMW-Z8-Alpina / #BMW-Z8-Alpina-Roadster-V8-E52 / #BMW-Z8-Alpina-E52 / #Alpina-E52 / #Alpina / #BMW-Z-Series / #BMW-Z-Series-E52 / #Alpina-Roadster-V8
The Roadster V8 was Alpina’s take on the Z8 and it’s a sublime machine – see our May issue for a full test on a similar example. This was just one of a handful of UK cars and one of only 11 (out of a production run of 555) finished in Alpina blue. Having covered just 9500 miles this Roadster had been maintained regardless of cost and its £247k hammer price was just about bang-on what Bonham’s estimated it would sell for.
SOLD FOR: £247,900Stream item published successfully. Item will now be visible on your stream.
- Load previous stream items